Cheaper than a shrink

A man goes to a psychiatrist. "I've got a problem," he says. "Every time I go to bed, I think there's somebody under it. It scares the hell out of me. I'm going crazy."
"Just put yourself in my hands for one year," the psychiatrist says. "You come see me three times a week and I think I can get rid of this irrational fear."
"How much do you charge?" the man asks.
"One hundred fifty dollars per visit."
"That's expensive. I'll have to think about it."
Of course, the guy doesn't want to pay that kind of money and doesn't go back to the psychiatrist. Six months later, the two happen to meet on the street.
"Why didn't you ever come back to see me about that fear you had - you know, where somebody was hiding under your bed at night?" the shrink asked.
"Well, I thought that 150 bucks a visit three times a week for a whole year was an awful lot of money. As it turned out, a friend of mine was able to cure me, and it didn't cost me anything."
"A friend cured you? For nothing?? Does he have a medical background?"
"No."
"Then I'm sure the cure is no good."
"Oh, it's working."
"It won't last."
"It'll last, doc. He guaranteed it."
"How could your friend have possibly cured you of your fear of someone hiding under your bed? And he guaranteed it? What did he say to do?"
"He told me to cut the legs off the bed."
Thanks to MadPriest!

No comments: